Sunday, September 23, 2007

Too Fast

Wow, where has the time gone...look down for a minute and things fly right by ya! So whats new? As I was mentioning about the GPS program last time I decided to give it a whirl...and what fun it is! I am surprised as to how much info that thing will give being that it's just a cell phone program. Overall I would have to rate it a 9/10. I still have been able to get on the bike about 2X a week, but am working out a way to get it up to 3-4X a week.

I am reading a new book, Base Building for Cyclists. So far it makes total sense as to what and why you do things. So right now is suppose to be my early base phase, so to make sure that I am doing my workouts slow enough I have been taking out the beater commuter bike, hooking up the tag-along and pulling one of my girls with me. It does a couple of things; allows me to spend some quality time together with them, makes me go slower because I am always talking to them and pointing things out and lets me teach/show them the enjoyment that cycling can bring. The other day my 4 year old went on a 1 hour 25 minute ride with me. I kept asking her if she was tired or wanted to turn around, but she just kept on trucking. She actually got mad when we had to turn around...I love it!

So until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home