Thursday, June 08, 2006

YUCK!!!

I was attacked by a darn stomach bug this week! It started last Friday, but just as some crampy stomach pains. I figured it was something I ate, no big deal. Wrong! Tuesday I spent a better part of my day throwing up everything, then getting the dry heaves! So I got in a ride last Friday and Saturday, but after that the stomach was not working with me.

So I ended up missing the practice crit on Tuesday, and I am not sure if I am going to be doing the races on Saturday and Sunday. I guess I will have to see how things play out.

I start my new job on Monday, pretty excited about that. A huge increase in pay means getting out of the hole and maybe picking up some new toys for the bike:) I wish I knew how everyone seems to stay super motivated and have all the time in the world to ride. I am trying to get out at least 4 if not 5 days a week and that is pushing it to the max with the family. I guess working 11 hour days and getting home at 6 pm does not help the training time much. But there has to be other people out there who are in the same boat as I am and get done what they need to. Some days I just feel like throwing in the toll and saying screw it, but my love of the bike wins out. What bothers me most is not getting on the bike as much as I want, and then racing like crap because of the lack of ride time. It seems like I will always be stuck at the back of a 4/5 race, just hanging on to stay in the race. Something has to eventually give, and I just hope it's not me.

This is the life of a guy who still has about 25 pounds to loose and put a major commitment into a training schedule in the season. Maybe I am destined to be a cat 5 my whole life! Damn, that's kind of depressing if you think about it. I am just hoping that this new job will allow me to get on my bike more often and get what I need done. Only working an 8 hour shift from 3pm to 11:30pm should make riding a lot easier in terms of day light, but I need to make sure I am able to get moving in the morning. Truth be known I hate working out in the morning. My body aches and it does not want to get moving. So transitioning to it should be interesting. I guess a lot is going to change in the next couple of month, and being that this is my first year racing in a looong time I cannot be to hard on my self.

Off to go riding, will see how today feels after turning my insides out on Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home