Thursday, June 22, 2006

On My Way Back Up!

Wow has it been busy! I am now working at the hospital full-time, 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm or 7pm-7am). This has left me little time to ride. I have come to a lot of realizations in the last 3 weeks, some I am happy with others I am not.

First and foremost, my new job has to take precedence over cycling. Working in an ICU setting is pretty tough work, meaning I am doing lots of training classes and extra studying. This has left me with a lot less time to ride, but I am still riding! I have tons of classes at the hospital; everything from orientation for RN's about the equipment we use to ECG to Critical Care and ACLS, and that is just the beginning. My goal is still to ride and keep my fitness up, doing hard rides and intervals, but I don't think I will be able to do much more racing this summer. I have totally let down Team Endeavor, but I am hoping next spring/summer things will have calmed down a lot letting me focus on my riding and training. Maybe Endeavour won't let me come back next summer, who knows. I was actually thinking about joining up with Brazen if possible, seeing that they are a local team and I can be a lot more involved then.

Second, this tying in with the first, I really need to focus on studying for my boards! It does me no good to blow off studying and fail my boards. Once I pass my boards my stress level will be cut in half, until then I worry all the time about passing. Everyone says I will pass it, but what if I don't, then what?

It's just crazy what is happening in my life right now, but it should be calming down here soon. Until then I guess I just ride it out and see what happens. Things are going much better though, which makes me a lot happier. My downward spiral has leveled out and I am on my way back up. Getting paid pretty well has helped that out as well. Hopefully I will get a ride in today and make my day off even better.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yo Jason!

Sometimes all you can do is just get out and ride when you can just to keep your sanity, so I'm glad you are at least sticking with it. Good luck on your studies, seems like even AFTER school is done we still gotta hit the books ;D

Downward spirals suck, I just got out of one ... cheers to good times and we still gotta have another BBQ!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home