Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy News

It's been a great couple of weeks!!! The birth of my 3rd child, a daughter, about 16 days ago has rejuvenated my love for life! It also has allowed me to get back on my bike a bit more now that I am not taking care of a lot of things around the house. My work schedule has also changed for the better. I am working 12-hour nights from 7pm-7am, which means I only work 3 days a week. That equals some nice riding time.

Getting back on the bike has been pretty nice to say the least. I have not really been killing myself, just trying to get my legs back and see I how it goes. Moving out to Mt. Horeb has opened up some new doors for me in terms of training. Out here there is no where you can go without having to do some kind of climbing! Just yesterday I went out for a short 20 miles and ended up doing almost 4 miles of climbing. Needless to say I hurt after that one.

I go back to work on Friday for the first time in almost 3 weeks...it's really crazy to think it's been that long since I have been there. I have a fear that I am going to be rusty as all get out, but I have a feeling it will all come back pretty quick.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Geo said...

Bout time you edited!!!

Congrats on the new baby, Jason!! That is so awesome!

Mt. Horeb's a great place to start rides from, I get my ass kicked everytime I head out that way! haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home