Thursday, January 29, 2009

It always comes down to money

One thing I really hate about some sports is that it comes down to money! I know equipment doesn't make you faster or better, but it sure doesn't hurt either. If you have the right equipment and know how to use it it sure make things a lot more efficient in your training! Example, a piece of equipment I have wanted forever, a Powertap by Cycleops, it's just so damn expensive. I know getting one doesn't instantly make me a better racer or all the sudden faster, but what it does do is make what little training time I have that much more efficient. Same with time trial equipment. A lot of people have dedicated bikes for doing time trials, I don't even have aero bars, lol!

So it is making me rethink the whole racing scene. I mean I really love the excitement of taking corner at 30mph with 50 other guys around me, but the cost is getting ridiculous. The team kits, dues, license, race fee, tires, tubes, nutrition, and up keep is about to put me into bankruptcy. I keep putting money away, but dang its never enough. Maybe I should take up watching grass grow, that can't be that expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home